Friday, April 23, 2010

The Malvern Blooms Show

Hey all!! :) This past weekend I was at the Malvern Blooms show on Sunday. It was my first large outdoor show. I was super prepared for it... I had new pieces just for the show, was packed the night before and actually got to bed early for once. And I was being positive about the weather... hoping the rain was going to not last all day and that the temp was going to get close to 60... Things were looking good!

And then Sunday came... hahahaha. My boyfriend and I got to the show close to 8am. I checked in and got my space. We set up (first time for putting up a tent and all that) and I was happy with how it was looking. Then came the news that I was told the wrong spot... that was a little discouraging. But I was able to move my stuff to a new spot with the help of some very nice people. I am not sure I could have done it myself or even with just my boyfriend since it was raining lightly and my items are not water friendly for the most part. I set up my booth again and was happy with how it looked. All I needed was for the people to start showing up for the show.

Sadly, the weather was not a friend of the Malvern Blooms show that day. It was raining some, drizzly a lot and cold. I think it actually got colder as the day went on. I mean, we could see our breath in the air... never a good sign!! The cold and the on again, off again rain kept most of the people away, but the ones that did come and stop by my booth were friendly and upbeat and gave wonderful feedback on my items. Showing my pieces always makes me a bit nervous, so getting positive feedback helped boost my confidence in my work a little more.

My boyfriend stuck out the cold with me and kept me company throughout the day and I'm not sure I would have been able to do everything on my own. He even held down the fort, sometimes literally (the breeze had a tendency to move the test... need to remember weights for the legs next time), when I had to run off to the restrooms... hahaha. He was the best and very supportive!

All in all, I ended up selling one item, lots of people took cards and I met some very nice, helpful vendors that gave me a lot of information. It turned out to be a wonderful learning experience and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

I took some pics of my first outside booth and here they are...





No comments:

Post a Comment