Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hello Everyone!! :)


Hello everyone! This is my first blog entry on here, so bare with me... hahaha :) My name is Jennifer and I am a nanny and a crafter. I became inspired to blog after reading the book, Blogging For Bliss, Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide For Crafters, Artists & Creatives of All Kinds by Tara Frey. It's a gorgeous book and made me believe that I could blog without it becoming a chore, because I am not one for liking chores.. hahaha :)

I'm a nanny for my full time job and love it! The kids I look after are great and the youngest keeps me laughing all the time. He is in love with doing projects, or should I say in love with starting them, finishing them is another story... hahahaha. I am always trying to think of new projects for him to do and most of the time I succeed in coming up with something that he really enjoys.

My part time job (which I wish was my full time job) is a crafter. I have always done crafts for
myself and family. It allowed me to be creative and gave me a way to relax and center myself. About a year ago my boyfriend encouraged me open up an Etsy shop and try selling my frames and home decor pieces. It was a struggle for me... what if no one liked them? would they even sell? do i really want to do this? In the end, I am happy that I did it. I really shouldn't have worried about all the questions that were running through my head. Since opening up my Etsy shop, I also now have my own website to sell my items, laughingtaffydesigns.com. I have even started going to craft fairs and shows, which was and is another fear for me to overcome. I was accepted to my first juried craft show just last week, which was huge for me! This will be my first huge show and I'm super nervous about it... and it's only 3 weeks away... YIKES!! hahahaha I am pretty sure that I'll be talking about it a lot in the coming weeks... hahahaha :)

Well, that's all for now... my job calls me back work with the buzzing of the dryer. Have a fabulous and creative day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment