Monday, May 17, 2010

Trenton Ave Arts Festival... Only 5 Days Away...


It's Monday and my second big arts and crafts show is this coming Saturday... and Saturday seems to be approaching faster then normal. Even though this is my second big show, it's going to feel like my first. The Malvern Blooms show was my first, but with the bad weather and small turn out, it wasn't that big. The weather for the Trenton Ave. show is suppose to be nice, and they have had huge turnouts the last few years, so even though this is my second large outdoor show, it'll probably end up feeling like my first.

Before the last few shows, I felt the need to make a ton of items to build up my stock and to have items to show that were not on my website. With this coming show, however, I don't feel the need to do that since there was such a small turn out at the last couple of shows, my inventory is still at a good level. I'm still working on some new pieces for the show though... I just can't go without anything new... hahaha :)

So since I am not acting like a mad beaver working on frames or home decor pieces, I feel a little more relaxed with this show coming up. The kids I nanny for aren't seeing as much paint on my hands. And I am a little calmer around them... which I am sure they appreciate... hahahaha :) And since I am not making one project after another, I think I'll be able to be a little more prepared for the show... I'll have my items marked with prices before the show, they'll be better organized in their boxes, best of all, I'll be less frazzled... hahaha :)


The youngest boy I look after, Jonny (8), has been asking, on the verge of begging, to come to the show with me and help. He wants to sell my items for me, because in his words "I'm an excellent sales person Jenn, you need me to come!" hahahaha... He even told me that he wanted to walk around the show with one of my pieces to try to sale it... of course I told him that would not be safe or a good idea at all... but I still thought it was very sweet of him. Even though Jonny won't be at the show with me (it is my day off from watching him... hahaha), he will have a presence there, he has designed one of the gift tag sets which he is very proud of. He is even more excited by the fact that if those tags sale he gets the money from them. So for him, I do hope those tags sale this coming Saturday.

With all that said, I am off now to do a little nannying and to work on some magazine holders. Have a fabulous Monday and enjoy the little things in life!

~Jennifer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment