Friday, May 21, 2010

Tomorrow is the art show... YIKES!!


So the Trenton Ave Arts Festival is tomorrow... and I am NERVOUS!! This will be the first big outdoor show that I have done where it will actually be nice weather and people should be there... and according to reviews, it's a lot of people that should be there... hahaha. The other reason I am nervous is that the show is on a Saturday. I have only done shows that were on Sundays, which gave me all day the Saturday before to pack and get ready and make sure I have everything. This time though I have to do all the packing and getting ready today (Friday) and do my job as a nanny. That adds up to a lot of stuff that needs to get done today and hopefully my time management skills kick in at some point during the day... hahahaha. Maybe I'll try to make a game out of packing the car... do you think an 8yr old boy will fall for that? hahahaha I might have to resort to good old bribery.

If you are wondering how I would be able to pack up a car with my items while I am at work as a nanny, let me clear that up for you... I am a live in nanny. So everything is already here at the house that I work at. That makes it a little easier to get everything done, but I still need to make sure that all my job responsibilities are done first and that the kids are happy and entertained. I'm actually pretty lucky to work for the family that I do. They have been very supportive of me on this new adventure into crafting and going to shows. They even let me use the "nanny" car to transport my things to shows since there is NO WAY I would be able to fit it all into my own little car.

So, with all that said (and it wasn't much... hahaha) I am off to do laundry, clean dishes, tidy up the living room, finish 2 pieces for the show, pack a little, run some errands, drive the older girl to crew practice and figure out a game/project for Jonny for after school (just found out a minute ago he is having a friend come home with him for a playdate... stress level just went up by 2... hahah). And now that I just wrote out that list... I have a lot to get done in the next few hours :) Have a happy, happy Friday!!

~Jennifer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment