Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Projects...

This weekend is Mother's Day, it's also my sister's first Mother's Day. Nicole has only been a mom for a few months, but I can already tell she is going to be a great one... maybe even as great as our own mother. This year instead of sending my mom flowers or making something that she has seen before I decided to do something different.

This year I have decided to make my mom and my sister Nicole necklaces. I have recently become obsessed with making my own fabric flowers, so I thought I would use them in the necklaces for my mom and sister and also my boyfriend's mother. I am not sure they will wear the necklaces, but it's the thought that counts right? hahahaha I think they, being the necklaces, turned out really nice, in fact I would wear them myself if I were to keep them.

After making these gifts, I now know why some of the pieces I see on Etsy are so expensive... they take forever to make and can really add up in price when buying the supplies. And it's because of that that I think I'll stick to my frames and collages :)

As for the kids that I nanny for, they are doing flower pots for their mother for Mother's Day. I was out this morning getting the flowers and ended up finding a gorgeous rose tree that I know the mom will love! And the kids will have a lot of fun planting all the flowers today after school. I wish I had a photo to post of the pots, maybe tonight I'll have some.

Well, I think that's it for now. I have some photos of the necklaces I made this past week, let me know what you think :) Have a fabulous Friday and an absolutely wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!!

~Jennifer :)


No comments:

Post a Comment