Monday, June 14, 2010

If I hadn't started making the coasters....

This past weekend I participated in a craft/vendor show that was supporting a Girl Scout Troop in Souderton, PA. My boyfriend did not come along with me this past weekend. I told him that he didn't have to since I was going to be leaving at 6am. And he completely agreed with me when he heard the time... hahaha. I did have some help though. Jonny, the little boy I nanny for, came with me to help and keep me company. We were on the road by 6am and stopped at McDonalds for breakfast, which Jonny loved! We arrived at the event just a little before 7am to start setting up. For such an early morning, Jonny was doing well and being a huge help in unloading the car and trying to come up with ways to set up the table and arrange the items. There was one thing he was disappointed about... the show was inside and not outside (which I was happy for). After everything was set up and in it's place I took one last look at the table... and noticed I couldn't find Jonny, that is until I looked behind the table again. I found him sleeping on the job! ;) I couldn't really blame him though, if I could have laid down for a nap at that moment I would have! :)
The show itself was kind of slow. I only sold one item, one of the coaster sets that I had just started to make. I met a lot of nice people and had a good time over all. Jonny kept me entertained and occupied, and for the most part he behaved as well as I could expect him to after waking up at 5:50am.

This week I will be working on coasters and trinket chests and also trying to come up with a design for a sign for my mom, oh, I'll also be working also... should be a fun week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment